Sorts of hosting services
A hosting service implies storing and/or sharing specific content on a web server managed by a web hosting provider. There are various sorts of hosting services utilized for different ends, so let's take a peek at these. In this way, you can elect what you want, depending on whether you desire to have a weblog, e-mail box accounts, or to share files with buddies and associates.
- File hosting: a service delivered by given firms, which lets you share huge files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole aim is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a record of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php website files in your browser. Free-of-charge file storage services are frequently supported by exhibiting advertisements beside the download links, while a timer makes you await a particular spell of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you possess a paid file hosting package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limit in regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting providers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely inapt interpretation of the real denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would assign the workload between different packs of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending different site hosting services (mail, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a kind of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; given corporations provide a hosting solution for pictures only. This hosting variant is suitable if you want to share a vast quantity of pics with comrades or associates since the service is typically free of charge. You will get a random link for each picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a solution committed to tackling your e-mail box accounts. Some vendors provide website hosting services for web sites, but do not supply an e-mail hosting service. If you wish to have an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to run a website, then the e-mail hosting service is what you want. You can create e-mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a given video file, or you can embed the video file in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of using this method in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video clip produces a specific amount of CPU load, so with a couple of video clips and several hundred site visitors, you may have a problem with your web page hosting supplies. Embedding the video clip will permit you to keep as many video files as you would like without bothering about system resources.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you require if you desire to run a website. To a certain extent, it contains all of the aforesaid hosting groups since, along with your websites, you can also host images and files, you can have databases and mail aliases, upload video files, and so on. At Zia Hosting, for instance, you can observe web hosting and dedicated server hosting packages that enable you to get all of the aforementioned services in one single place. There may be limitations depending on the form of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your site hosting package may be better or worse in comparison with the normal e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are planned for particular content exclusively.